Sunday 21 May 2017

MUA matte lipstick haul

MUA – Makeup Academy Matte Lipstick Haul

I have a mini haul of MUA matte lipsticks; I choose 4 different shades from the matte range to give it a fair test. I chose 2 neutral shades called Totally Nude which is the lighter of the 2 neutral shades and Fawn Fancy which is a darker chocolate brown. I also picked 2 brighter colours called Peachy Keen which is a pink/orange shade and Lilac Belle which is a purple shade.

The packaging on the lipsticks isn’t the best; it feels cheap. The plastic is white and silver, from a distance they look great but once you touch them the plastic is flimsy and not nice to touch. At the bottom of the lipstick is a colour sectioned which you can easily identify the shades you own which is great; the strange thing is that this section unscrews and has a well of lipstick within it. I don’t know if this is intentional and to be used with a brush or what but it is very strange and something I have not seen before on other lipsticks I own.

The formulation of the lipstick is odd and I am not a fan of it all; with Lilac Belle and Totally Nude the lipstick drags and pulled at my lips and did not distribute colour evenly or nicely. With Peachy Keen the formula was much better and went on smoothly however the colour balled up on the centre of my lip and would not sit on my lips evenly. The only one I actually loved was Fancy Fawn it went on smoothly; the colour was great and matched the tone it was in the bullet, if I was basing this review just on Fancy Fawn I would recommend them so highly as it is stunning but the other 3 make me think that Fancy Fawn is the odd one out and works for me and the whole range is more like the other 3 shades.

If you are interested in trying the matte MUA range out I picked them up at superdrug for £1 each. I did not have my hopes too high as they are £1 but I have used other MUA lipsticks at the same price which have been fantastic sadly these ones didn’t match up.

Thanks for reading


Nicola 

No comments:

Post a Comment