Wednesday 28 June 2017

You Tubers made me buy it

You Tubers made me buy it

I have been watching a lot of You Tube videos lately and from that I have brought a lot of makeup pieces because of them so I thought I would do a write up of what I have brought and what I really think of them.  My favourite You Tubers at the minute are Emily Canham, Just Jodes, Sophdoesnail and Sophie Louise.  All my prices are from the Superdrug website which is where I brought all my items from, I can highly recommend Superdrug as they when I brought my items I got them on special offers and triple points also with health and beauty members get free delivery with no minimum spend.

The first thing I brought was down too Emily Canham, Just Jodes and Sophdoesnails;

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer Fair 1 £3.99

Now I know I am late to the party with this one and so many You Tubers and bloggers have been hyping about this concealer for a very long time and I have got to admit it is worth the hype. I have really dark circles under my eyes that no matter what I do they do not go away so I have to manage them with layers of different concealer’s. The way I use this concealer is in two different ways depending on the amount of makeup I am wearing; if I am doing a full face of makeup with foundation then I use this concealer over the top of my foundation as brightening effect under my eyes, a line down my nose a small patch on my chin and in between my eyebrows and on to my forehead. With this look it looks like I have a natural glow to my skin without looking sweaty or dewy it just looks like I have a natural glow. If I am doing a casual every day to day look without foundation then I use this as the only product on my face as a concealer (obviously) I apply it in the same areas as I do when I have a full face on but this time I just blend it out on to my natural skin to create a beautiful fresh clean skin without the dark circles and a lighter complexion; this is how I use this concealer the most as I don’t always have time to do a full face of makeup every day.

Again the next thing I brought was down to Emily Canham; a lot of my new routine is down to Emily and I love most of them.

Maybelline Age Rewind Eye Concealer Light/brightener £8.99 each

I brought two of this concealer in different shades to try and tackle my dark circles, I find the light is still slightly too dark for my skin to work as a lightening concealer, so what I do is use this under my foundation to take some of the darkness out of that area of my skin. With the brightening concealer I apply this over my foundation to create that glowing and brightening effect around my under eyes. This concealer is just for under eyes and does not work on any other area of skin so I don’t know if I will repurchase this again as at £9 each it’s a lot of work to use both to create one look where I could just use the Collection concealer instead.

Next is a recommendation by Sophie Louise

Make Up Revolution Ice Kiss Highlighter

This highlighter is beautiful; the shade is perfect for my skin tone and I love it so thank you Sophie. I have done a full review of this highlighter as it was so beautiful that it needed lots of pictures and a full description. That can be found here

I have more products waiting to be delivered; once they arrive I will update this post with more products and whether they are worth the hype. Thanks for reading.

Nicola



No comments:

Post a Comment