Sunday 8 November 2015

jelly pong pong - mascara


Jelly Pong Pong – Fairy Lashes Mascara

This is one of the products from my October GlossyBox.

First off this is such a great name, its one I really enjoyed telling people I used it just a shame that I don’t rate the product. Let’s start off with the positives;

  • No mineral oils
  • No Phthalates
  • Fragrance free
  • With moringa seed resin
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Non-comedogenic
  • Suitable for contact lens wearers
  • Not tested on animals


Now I don’t know what most of that means if I am honest and I don’t wear contact leanses so for me that is not a plus point. The only points that have any significance for me is the no mineral oils, the inclusion of moringa seed, and that it isn’t tested on animals (I don’t seek this out but I would buy a product because of it).

Packaging is a pretty purple with white flowers on it; all writing is in black making it clear to read and follow. The tube itself is shaped like most mascara tubes with a pointed end where the brush is, it is dark purple/brown in colour with pastel pink writing. All in all the packaging to me isn’t the best the colours are ok but I have seen better, I would not pick it out from a shelf in a shop which to me is what packaging is for.
(Picture is with one eye with the mascara and the other clear)

The wand and brush are the most important part of any mascara in my opinion, the brush is a fat oval with the same style bristles all the way down due to this the mascara struggles to pick up my smaller lashes leaving a lack lustre set, I felt that it gave me no curl and no definition. It’s so sad as in principle and on ethics this is such a lovely idea but it just failed to deliver on what you need a mascara to be. A big positive for it was that it never moved, it didn’t leave black specks on my cheeks after a few hours or smudge marks and it is a very intense black.
                                (This is with both eyes coated)
Overall I would not buy this again.

Bye for now

Nicola

xx

2 comments: