Wednesday 10 August 2016

Essie Hubby For Dessert

Essie Hubby For Dessert

I brought this range of nail varnish purely through the amount of pictures I see on Twitter from other beauty bloggers as they say ‘Bloggers Made Me Do It’.

This is my first experience with Essie and I have got to say I am not disappointed; the bottles are lovely and ergonomic for their square shape they are comfortable to hold and I love that the branding is embossed on the bottle with simple white caps I think I looks classic and easily distinguishable from my other nail varnish brands.

The formula itself I found really watery; now as this is my first experience with Essie I don’t know if it’s across the board or more because this is a sheer colour so a lighter formula. For the look I created it took 5 layers to get the coverage and colour I was expecting, this is entirely my fault as I was going off of other photos when I purchased rather than reading the description which clearly said sheer. The first layer was almost invisible when I applied giving me a huge amount of disappointment but as the layers built I was once again happy with my purchase. The colour itself looks almost pearlised on my nails with the slightest hint of lilac shot through it. The brush is a wide spaying brush meaning it covers your whole nail when pressure is applied on your nail.

From the name you can probably tell its part of the wedding range but I wanted to show that it can be worn any time (I have been married 4 years and don’t plan on doing it again any time soon). I personally feel this will be a great work colour as it is not over powering or distracting; it in fact lifts your whole hand creating an almost glow to your skin and leaves your nails looking polished. Its also an easy look to wear outside of work also as it will go with all your outfits.

Overall my first experience with Essie is a good one and I highly expect to write more reviews soon on other colours.

Thanks for reading

Nicola

xx

7 comments: