Sunday 7 August 2016

Makeup Revolution Baked Shadows

Makeup Revolution London Baked Eye shadow

I am a huge fan of baked make up; my foundation, blushers and some of my favourite eye shadows are all baked but are by Laura Geller (who I cant recommend enough) so when I saw the Make Up Revolution version at a fraction of the price I was so excited I brought all 3 varieties I could see. I brought Beyond Eden which is the green version, Electric Dreams which is the purple version also Pure and Innocent the more neutral in tone. On first appearance the shadows look stunning; perfect little metallic orbs floating on a black background, the packaging is great simple shapes that create a dramatic effect focusing purely on the eye shadows. This is one of the very few good points of these products.

Beyond Eden
 

On first appearances the colours in this palette are so exciting the bottle green metallic sheen of 2 of the little orbs look stunning with a perfectly cream for highlighting and finally 2 mink brown/ pink shades. I couldn’t wait to dive in so like all eye shadow reviews I swatch on my arm first to get a guide of which colours will work where once on my eye; oh how disappointed I was once I did. The colours are muted, lacking in pigment making the colours seem flat and insipid. I did a look on my eye (pictured below) the colours aren’t strong enough in pigment to stand alone in a look leaving a muddy puddle look on my eye.

Electric Dreams
 

Hoping that Beyond Eden was a one off and the product would improve I carried on; the lilac and purple shades in this palette are my normal go to colours as I feel they make my eye colour pop and bring out different shades of blue from my eyes. However this palette has even less pigment within the colours than the green shades; I had to go over and over the colour on my arm to make it visible to the camera and my eye. I tried to create a look on my eye however the pigments would not show and I refused to dram my poor eyes any more to try and show the colours.

Pure & Innocent
 

Of all 3 palettes this has the strongest pigment and would be the only one I would consider buying again. The pink shades are lovely and subtle but clearly visible; the brown shades are shot through with gold and leave a lovely colour when combined with the pink. The only shade that overly disappointed was the palest cream shade which did not show on my skin. Beware that if you use this palette glitter sheds every where whilst applying meaning I looked like a mermaid afterwards and not in a good way.

Overall I would not buy there baked shadows again but I have previous loved Make Up Revolution lipsticks so I think I will stick with them.

Thanks for reading


Nicola 

1 comment:

  1. A shame that they're not as pigmented as the other palettes they have. I used to think Baked shadows would be more pigmented than regular ones.

    www.poshmakeupnstuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete