Saturday 17 October 2015

Ciate - Mistress


Ciaté – Mistress

I am a sucker for packaging and so far Ciaté has the best packaging within the nail industry. Her use of watercolour inspired graphics and eccentric English scenes drew me in instantly, enticing me into the colourful world of Ciaté.

The first set I have brought from Ciaté is called ‘Nail Taxi’ it is made up of three colours, metallic grey, red and a glitter black, the packaging of this set is great it is a sleeved box with the image of a London taxi with the three nail varnishes visible behind Perspex windows; set back from the taxi is a red phone box, tree and building creating the image of a London street.



I am going to review each of the three colours in separate reviews so that each colour can be looked at as an individual. First off I am going to look at ‘Mistress’ a beautiful British letter box red, in the curved bow topped bottle the colour looks smooth and silky. As I took the lid off the first thing I noticed was the length of the handle it is longer than any other nail varnish I have ever used; this creates a sturdy line to lean on whilst applying the colour. Secondly I noticed the thickness of the brush, I am a huge fan of Leighton Denny whose brush is thinner and splays out allowing you to do your nail in three even strokes to get full coverage; now the Ciaté brush is thicker and filled my nail in one to one and a half strokes at first this was hard to adjust too. The only way to describe it is trying to go from a fountain pen to a board marker and trying to write in a birthday card, once I got use to the thicker brush the speed in which I finished my nails was amazing it allowed me to do a full manicure in less than 10 minutes (not including a little clean up).

The colour is beautiful and I must admit I am more impressed than I thought I would be, it is a sophisticated red that has no shimmer or glitter but stands on its own as a bold, bright colour. One thing I am not sure on is the solidness of the finished colour, I don’t know if it is this colour or is a generic point of all Ciaté colours but it is slightly transparent not noticeable from a distance or at first glance but on closer inspection you can slightly see through it and that is after three coats.

Another huge plus point of this nail varnish was the speed in which it dried, by the time I had gone from little finger to thumb my little finger had dried. It also seems smudge proof which I have never had from a nail varnish brand even after they have been touch dry.

Overall I really enjoyed using Ciaté and the new style brush, the colour is beautiful and the speed in which I could have a fully dried manicure is amazing. I will definitely be buying other sets by this brand or individual colours. Keep a look out for my review on the other two colours from this same set coming soon.

Bye for now

Nicola

xx

10 comments:

  1. I've always been skeptical of reds, because I could never find any shades that match me. I never heard of Ciaté, but I'm willing to give it a try because I really love the polish you are wearing!

    www.primebutterfly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful a proper red. http://anislandersbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  2. I have this colour too! It's the perfect red isn't it and applies really well! xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is perfect, its the first time I have used ciate and would definitely use it again xx

      Delete
  3. Ahhh, too cute! I love Ciate polishes... This post makes me want to go out and buy more! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am now a convert, was so lovely to put on xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful shade!! I love a good red! Really like that these come with a longer handle too! I think that makes application so much easier. Great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been wanting to try this nail polish brand for a while! The look so fancy! x

    Formal dress up fun over on-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete