Friday 30 October 2015

Lanolips - Intense Hydration & Protection


Lanolips – Intense Hydration & Protection

This is the first product in which I am reviewing from my October Glossybox;




As a mum of a 10 month old and a 4 year old I have to was my hands a crazy amount of times in a day especially when we are out due to continuous nappy changing and toilet breaks for my 4 year old. When you add in that the baby cries at loud noises and the 4 year old has managed to grow a fear of hand dryers (God knows why) using sinks in public toilets is pretty much a no go hand sanitizer gels are my saviour however I have really sensitive eczema prone skin the drying formulas hurt more than they help on some days.

So on the surface Lanolips is a perfect compromise an antibacterial hand cream that kills 99% of germs whilst moisturising and protecting my poor hands, what is great about this product is it uses lanolin a completely natural product. As a mum who breast fed I am well aware of the soothing quality of lanolin so to see this in a hand cream is a huge bonus.

The cream itself has a lovely subtle fragrance that I can only describe as is clean; it is non offence and I really like it. I think it comes more from the aloe within it as that has a distinctive smell but this is not as strong as other aloe products I have used. When you apply it has a slight drag to it but nothing too drastic, it instantly sinks in and leaves a lovely texture and feeling on my skin which is great in this season. The feeling on my skin lasted ages and if I was to buy this as just a hand cream I would be very happy with soothing effects it has on me but to have the antibacterial quality too is such a huge benefit.

As I have said before I am a true lover of packaging and it has a big impact on whether I buy a product. The outer box is lovely in a subtly blue with a watercolour drawn version of the product on the front panel; the look of the packaging has a beautiful vintage feel I think it would look just in place in 1950 as it does now. The one thing that does disappoint me with the packaging is the size, from the outside it looks like you are going to get a fair size product however when you open the top of the box you are greeted with a separator that splits the box in half which to me seems like a waste really.

Overall I really like this product and would definitely purchase again as a treat for me rather than for the kids as my son did not like the feel if the cream he prefers the gels.

Speak soon

Love Nicola xx

No comments:

Post a Comment