Thursday 15 January 2015

Leighton Denny - So LA & Angel Effects


Leighton Denny – So LA & Angel Effect

Its funny how certain nail colours take you straight back to moments in time, in my life I have had 3 moments that will always stay with me. One is my wedding day and the other two are the birth of my kids I can tell you my nail colour on each of these events. At the birth of my kids I wore Leighton Denny’s So LA on my fingers and it always makes me smile when I wear it.

So LA is a beautifully bright pink that lightens up any day, I call it my happy day nails as you can’t not be happy with this glossy beauty on my fingers. I wanted a slightly different take on one of my favourites so I added Angel Effect tips on my fingers and an all over coat on my thumbs as the nails aren’t quite long enough to have tips on them.



Angel effect is unlike any other top coat I have used the pieces of metallic glitter vary in shapes from strips to triangles; the pieces themselves are an iridescent green/ orange to them. It reminds me of the back of a CD which is reflective and almost mirror like. It is a great way of extending any colour as if you do what I did and apply on the tips it hides any chipped areas.

Bye For Now

Nicola

11 comments:

  1. It's so nice that a nail polish can bring back such happy memories :) It's a lovely colour. I've never tried Leighton Denny polishes before but I do mean to!

    The Naily Mail

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is by far my favourite nail brand tkmaxx have some on a regular basis at reasonable prices xx

      Delete
    2. I'll keep my eyes peeled next time I'm in there. Thanks :) x

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful colors! It's lovely they take you back to such happy memories! Smells of things take me back to things :)



    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more of a visual person and its always the sight of things that take me back ☺ xx

      Delete
  3. Great tip for adding the glitter just onto the ends of your nails, I hadn't thought of that :) the pink and the glitter together are lovely!
    emmerliejay x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives you an extra few days when you can't be bothered to do a full Mani xxx

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful combination <3 :) x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty combo! I haven't tried any Leighton Denny polishes x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a lovely brand with a great selection of colours xx

      Delete