Monday 20 June 2016

Summer wedding

Summer wedding look

I recently attended my sister in laws wedding and thought I would share what made my look.

Skin Care

Firstly I have taken the last two weeks preparing my skin so that it was blemish free and looking perfect to create the best base possible. I have been using Elemis Pro Radiance Cream Cleanser every night to remove my make up and any other oils/ dirt on my skin. Twice a week I double cleanse; with this product which is simply cleansing once and using a muslin cloth and warm water removing all traces of the cleanser and then repeating.

Second step of best skin is Gatineau Radiance Enhancing Gommage, which is a gentile exfoliator (no bits) to remove dead skin cells and grime that builds up naturally on your skin. Between these two products my skin has been blemish free and silky smooth ready for my make up.

Make Up

I go straight to foundation as I have sensitive skin, too many product causes my eczema to flair up and by midday I would have red blotchy skin; not ideal for a wedding look. My foundation choice is Laura Geller Balance and Brighten; it is a baked mouse which goes on like a powder but sits like a liquid foundation. It is made up of several colours so never looks orange or blotchy and blends to my skin tone perfectly.

My eye pallete is a trio shadow from the Laura Geller Roman Holiday Set; it is made up of coffee and cream metallic colours. I use Baroque on my full lid and up underneath my eyebrow, I use Café on my outer moving lid making a subtle smoky eye and Roma I use on the crease line to create depth with the look.

My lashes are by Eylure, they are a slightly fuller lash that works for day and evening; making them perfect for an all day wedding and reception.

My Blush is again by Laura Geller; Mauve Mocha Latte. This colour I wear daily, it is the perfect mink brown that sits naturally with my skin tone.

My lip colour is Max Factor Sheer Balm Red Garnet; I love the balm texture of this product. It sits comfortably on your skin for hours creating a subtle colour that doesn’t need a lot of attention and re touching.

My finger nails and toe nails were painted in the same colour Ciate Mistress. To me this is the perfect red and looked great with my 1950s inspired swing dress. 

I hope you like my look.

Bye for now

Nicola 

No comments:

Post a Comment