Monday 22 May 2017

Makeup Geek - Frappe, beaches and cream, shimma shimma

Makeup Geek Frappe, Beaches & Cream, Shimma shimma

Makeup Geek is a brand that focuses on teaching videos on how to apply makeup, from this the creator Marlena also has a makeup range that is majorly hyped by beauty bloggers and You tubers alike. The eye shadow collection is huge and selection of colours is varied and has a depth of matte, metallic’s, foils and chromes; all of which come in individual pans that you buy in solo shades to create your own palette and looks. I have loved seeing all the looks people have made on Instagram and Twitter using the makeup geek shadows.

The packaging is very simple; the colours come in card containers that you can clearly see the colour through a small circle window on the front of the card and on the back you have the name on the base of the pan visible. I like how simple it all comes as it means you are not paying for the excess packaging or plastics but the colours are safe and not able to be touched and contaminated before you buy them.


I wanted to start off with 3 shades that I could create a very simple day look that I could add too and use other shades to create more dramatic looks. I chose Beaches and Cream which is a neutral matte beige shade which I use as an all over colour that works as a great base for blending other colours too.

Frappe is a medium brown shade that I use in my crease line and blend slightly on to the lid to create a slightly smoked out brown eye look. This colour is stunning; it is classed on the website as a demi-matte as it has small glitter particles with in it, it does not look like a glitter eye shadow when applied and works perfectly as a crease colour.

Shimma Shimma is metallic cream champagne colour that I apply over my mobile lid and blend out with Frappe to create that smoked out look. I also slightly wetted my brush and added a small amount of the intensified shimma shimma on the centre of my lid. I absolutely loved this look and can easily wear it every day.


I have stored my Makeup Geek eye shadows in a Z Palette; I have never used a Z palette before so went for the smallest option which can hold the 3 shades I brought, the case is amazing and I would highly recommend it. The magnet is strong and holds the shadows in place with no fear of them falling out. It does not have a mirror but the size of mirror that would be able to fit in this palette probably would not be of use as a mirror for applying any way so it is not that big of a loss.

Overall I cannot wait to try more colours and get a larger Z Palette to store them in.

Thanks for reading

Nicola 

2 comments:

  1. I love the Z Pallete! I've always wanted to try one, might just have to go and purchase one for myself after reading this.

    Gemma.x
    http://www.lipsticksoul.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is really good, i have the small one and its perfect for travel xxx

      Delete