Tuesday 16 May 2017

Maybelline 24Karat Nudes

Maybelline The 24Karat Nudes

 

I have wanted this eye shadow palette for a long time; the colours looked beautiful and the gold packaging just caught my eye so I had to have it. I got this in a 2 for £10 deal from Superdrug which is a bargain as the palette alone is £11.99 so it is always worth checking out there deals for bargains that you have been eyeing up for a while.

The colours are beautiful and the pigment is great, the bottom row has a stronger pigment when swatched on my arms but the top row is stunning in person and has a subtle sheen. Nearly all the colours are metallic or glitter based which is fine but I personally couldn’t find a crease colour in a mid brown shade; there is a great neutral matte colour that works as an all over base colour and there is a perfect dark brown for shading your outer edge and makes the metallic’s pop. The colours are probably too much for an everyday look but it was so much fun to play with and the metallic green is my favourite colour and I can’t wait to try and create a day look with it, you can easily create layered evening looks with the glitters.

When applying there is a fair amount of fall out on to my face but I personally find that happens a lot with all glitter eye shadows no matter what the brand is. I would definitely purchase another eye shadow palette from Maybelline.

Bye for now

Nicola 

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous palette! So many pretty shades :D

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that gold colour from the first set.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty shades! But they really were supposed to be a little more nude :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are def more glitter and bold shades xxx

      Delete