Tuesday 30 May 2017

Beauty bay experience

Beauty Bay experience ft make up geek

I am late to the party when it comes to Beauty Bay; I had never heard of them until 2 -3 months ago when a few of the You Tubers I follow started mentioning it. I am really impressed with the service I have received from them, orders take 2 -3 days to arrive and even get delivered on a Sunday which is amazing. I thought I would show you what I recently brought from them and my ever growing Make Up Geek collection.



First off is the Morphe M441 Pro Firm Blending Crease Brush; this is my first morphe brush and I must say that I really like it. It is really smooth when applying colour I use this for applying an all over colour but you can easily use this for working colour in to your crease and for blending out. If you are limited on space or only want to take one brush for travelling then this brush would be perfect.  As first experiences go this brush definitely makes me want to try out others from the range.

Next is the Z Palette; this palette is a large magnetic palette from their Sunset collection. The large palettes hold 27 eye shadow circle pans (make up geek, mac, etc.).  The colour of this palette is stunning and a really summer colour in the bright blue. Most Z palette you see are black or animal print which isn’t really my style but I love the brightness of this one and that it different from most peoples. The magnet is fantastic; once you put your colour pans in they don’t move which makes them great for travelling or if you are clumsy like me. I had tried the smaller 3 pan holder as I didn’t want to jump in and pay £17.50 for the larger palette but they are worth it, the smaller 3 palette cost me £5.50 and is what I plan on taking away if I am only taking a hand luggage as you can wrap it up safely and place in a shoe. I highly recommend the Z palette and both sizes I have are easy to use and make a great gift for makeup lovers.

Last but definitely not least is the latest colours added to my Makeup Geek collection; I ordered Cocoa Bear and Homecoming. Cocoa Bear is reddish brown that is perfect for blending in your outer corner or in your crease; since this arrived I have used it daily, it adds a warmth to your eye looks that isn’t too harsh on my pale skin and works with so many other colours. If you watch You Tube videos on makeup looks then you will more likely to have seen this shade as it is getting to cult status very quickly. Homecoming a brown toned shimmer shot through gold shimmer, this colour works with all your neutral based looks as it isn't too harsh against the brown colours in your palette. My collection of Make Up Geek shadows is now up to 5 and I love them all. 


Overall I loved using Beauty Bay, it was quick to set up an account, they have a great selection of makeup ranges and delivery is superb. This is the perfect site for any makeup fan.

Thanks for reading


Nicola 

2 comments:

  1. I love Beauty Bay but I'm the one who's really late to the party with Makeup Geek, I always hear about their shadows and how good they are but I haven't tried anything yet! I love the look of Cocoa Bear.

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its never to late to start a collection, i started with 3 shades and a small travel z palette that only held the 3 shades i brought as i didnt want to invest in to something i was unsure of. that may be the best way to start for you too xxx

      Delete