Sunday 14 May 2017

whats in my bag

What’s in my bag?

This is something a bit new from me but I always talk about products that I always use and have on me and I wanted to show you how I store my products in my handbag. Now as most of you know I am a mum; I have a 2 year old little girl and a 5 year old little boy so most of my handbag is over taken with kids stuff. When I say kids stuff there is certain things that are essential to keep on me at all times for instance I have a pouch for nappies and baby wipes, colouring books for both kids just in case we head to a restaurant the kids are entertained also small toys and stickers. I also have 2 bags within bags; the main big pouch has a Harry Potter book, sunglasses, my phone, my purse and a kid’s spoon (you never know when you need a small kid’s spoon) packet of tissues.

The other little pouch is where I keep my essential little things that get lost in my bag normally so I have a small leather pouch that attaches to the outside of my bag which mean I can just pull it and everything is instantly to hand. The things in this bag get changed as and when they run out but are generally the same style of things but I wanted to show you what was currently in there.
First of my essentials is hand sanitizer; when my son was a baby he hated hand dryers in public toilets so hand sanitizer became my best friend. The one currently is Merci Handy black vanilla hand cleansing gel; I got this one in a glossy box and genuinely I love it, it doesn’t have a chemical smell the vanilla is a natural smelling not an overly artificial one. It also does not dry out my hands I highly recommend it. The merci handy hand sanitizer currently retails at £2.90.

Next up is hand cream; I suffer with eczema and having dry split hands is the worst so hand cream is one of those things I use every couple of hours to try and keep on top of it. My current one is by the Body Shop, I love body shop hand creams and have so many in different fragrances that are stored in an empty yankee candle jar on my side so that I don’t lose them or use them all at once, I am being really good at the minute and trying to use only one hand cream at a time. This one is Honey fragranced and it smells amazing, I don’t think it smells specifically of honey but it is definitely a floral/sweet fragrance and I adore it. The body shop hand creams currently retail at £4.

Now lip balms is one of them things that I have so many open at once that I need to have 2 on me at the time as I need to use some up because my jar of lip balms are over flowing. I try to have an SPF lip balm on me so that I can protect mine and the kids lips are protected if the sun decides to make an appearance, my current SPF one is a Malibu watermelon flavour and it is lovely my kids love this one and it is so summery. Next up is a body shop cocoa butter lip care stick, I didn’t like this when I first started using it the fragrance is very odd and I just didn’t like it but the way it made my lips feel was amazing so I persisted and now I love it I don’t think I will repurchase it. The Malibu lip balm I picked up in the pound shop so was £1 bargain in my opinion, they have a lot of different fragrances and I can honestly highly recommend them all. The body shop one was £4.50.

I always have a lipstick on me as I don’t always remember to apply it before I go out so if there is one in my bag it doesn’t matter. The colour I am currently using is by the body shop, it is part of their Colour Crush Shine lipstick collection in a pale pink colour; the colour is lovely but it has a glitter running through it which is fine but when the colour begins to wear off you are left with large glitter particles on your lips. I managed to pick this up in a sale for £2 which is pretty good but if you wanted to it is available on their website for £10 personally I would not pay that for this lipstick.

The last thing that I always have in my little pouch is a carabineer clip full of hair bobbles; putting them on the clip means that they don’t go everywhere in my bag and I can see at a glance how many bobbles I have, I keep normally 3 thick ones, 2 thin ones which I use if I double plait my hair, and 5 or 6 for my little girl who always pulls her bobbles out within 2 minutes of her hair being put up so I always have more for her than me.

I hope you like this post I wanted to share with you my most used items on a day to day basis; it also means as I use things up and add new things I can just link back so you can all see what I am talking about. If you want more pictures of my big bag and the other bits just let me know I just didn't have the time when I started this.

Bye for now


Nicola


No comments:

Post a Comment