Monday 22 December 2014

Benefit - They're Real! Push-Up Liner


I am useless with eyeliner; I can’t put it on full stop. I have always loved the sleek look and the benefits of eyeliner, the way it opens and defines your eyes and can give the effect of more lashes but no matter how hard I have tried I have always failed at getting that thin straight line just above my lashes. So with my uselessness in mind I try and get as much advice as possible and product recommendations from the people in the know. I asked Rachel France who is the regional training manager for Benefit for any tips and advice for people like me who struggle; she was lovely and gave me loads of suggestions such as using grey or brown shadows with a hard brush to create a softer look or using a metallic shade and blend it out for those who don’t like the intense dark look.

As I want so desperately to crack the eyeliner look with one product I took her recommendation of the Benefit They’re Real liner which has an Accuflex tip and matte gel which is softer than stick eyeliners and is supposedly easier to create that slim smooth line. This eyeliner is not the cheapest option at roughly £18 a go but if it works what an investment as the amount of eyeliners I have thrown away as they make my eyes itchy and sore just from the application adds up very quickly; I managed to get my hands on a trial size for £4 which gave me the opportunity of trying out the liner and the applicator without the hefty investment.

All I can say is WOW; I managed to create a very thin line just above my lashes. The tip allowed me to smooth the product easily in one go with no dragging or pulling at my sensitive eyes. The tip bends and flexes as you glide the liner, now for someone who struggles with shaky hands to create that look in one go amazed me. On the first eye (my right) I managed to get the look I wanted first attempt; however with the left eye it all went a bit wrong, as I was doing it all cack handed my line is thicker and less smooth but still given me a full un broken line. I think with practise this could be my miracle liner. Thank you Benefit I will definitely be buying the full size. (Pictured is my right eye and the sample size)


 Bye for Now

 Nicola

6 comments:

  1. My sister has been telling me this eyeliner is great but I've just started to master a liquid liner brush so I'm going to stick with that for a while. Thanks for the review!
    Bec Boop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its all about what works for you, I would love to be able to use liquid liner I'm just useless lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried the collection 24 hour extreme felt tip liner? That's a holy grail product for me and it's only about £2! x

    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I will have to look out for it, I still cant use pencil eyeliner in any formulation so maybe a felt tip liner will be a better option. thanks for the tip xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always looking for a good eyeliner as I find they are so hard to come by! I have oily lids, and the liner always smudges below my eyes :|

    Emily // ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hav the opposite problem of dry skin that makes it hard to apply smoothly x

    ReplyDelete