Saturday 13 December 2014

NIvea Lip Butter - Original


At this time of year my lips really suffer, I have mild eczema that attacks my lips especially leaving me normally with cracked, sore, red and split to the point of bleeding every winter; so for me finding a lip product that can take on the winter months head on is essential. Nivea Lip Butter is the first form of lip butters I have tried, I normally go for a balm or a Vaseline based product which works as a barrier against the elements but I have to say butters may be the way forward.

The smooth texture you first feel on your finger as you remove from the tin stays as you apply on to your lips; a soothing, comforting barrier is created which left my lips feeling almost hydrated and most definitely protected. Once on my lips I found that the butter was in no way sticky or tacky and no shiny finish, just a silky smooth appearance; this is great as I gave a tin to my husband who works outside and I can use it on my son who also needs to protect their lips.

The packaging is simple yet effective; I love tin lip products as they slip easily into your pockets so are always available to apply that extra protection on the move. The tin itself fades from dark blue to white; so is a perfectly unisex product, branding is simple with the Nivea logo placed top and central. On first appearances I thought the tin was very shallow especially if you compare it to Vaseline tins but due to the very small amount you need I can imagine it will last you all through the winter months.

 Overall this product for me is a new love and easily a winter must have for those who suffer like I normally do.


Bye For Now
Nicola

2 comments:

  1. Great review I love Nivea products never tried their lip balm before though
    Have a lovely weekend
    www.mssparkleandglow.com

    ReplyDelete