Tuesday 16 December 2014

OPI - Gold Shatter


When your hands are in and out of water as much as mine are a manicure barely lasts 3 days before it chips, so to find a product that can extend the length of my manicure to 5 days is major. The shatter effect can be applied of any dry nail varnish in a thin layer which then cracks ‘shatters’ revealing the dried base colour underneath.

I love the Gold Shatter in particular at this time of year as it creates a festive look with the subtle glitter within the gold. I have applied it over Leighton Denny’s Undercurrent (picture below) which has turned the gold into what I would class as a vintage gold; almost muted. I applied it slightly too thick on my thumb and index finger so the ‘shatter’ is less effective than on my other fingers but I now know for future uses that a very thin layer is all that is needed.

Overall I love this product, the brush was easy to use and wider than Leighton Denny brushes allowing me to cover my whole nail in two strokes rather than three and the pot itself fits very ergonomically in my hand which made home applying simple.

Bye For Now

 Nicola

No comments:

Post a Comment