Tuesday 30 December 2014

Laura Geller - Lace Illuminator

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13379903/?claim=gyvc63dnykd">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
Laura Geller – Baked Gelato Lace Illuminator

I am generally a huge lover of Laura Geller products and love the baked formulations as they leave my skin feeling smooth with a lasting coverage. I couldn’t wait to try the new illuminator/highlighter as I use Laura’s highlighter in French Vanilla and is one of my favourite pieces of make up I use; so to have this huge 11g highlighter in my hands was like all my Christmases coming at once.

I will start off with the packaging; I don’t know if Laura Geller is changing over to a new style of packaging that this illuminator comes in but I have a few products in similar styles so I think it may be the case. The new style of packaging is lovely in my opinion, a sleek black base upon which a large clear dome sits with simple font and the synonymous red lips. The lid is a nightmare to open and has chipped my nails already, I hope over time it will loosen up and make it easier too get into it. Overall I love the feel of the packaging in my hands; it sits nice when using it and is a lot lighter in weight than the last packaging.

The illuminator itself on first appearance looks like a basket weave with a chequered and lace top finish. The colour reminds me of a bronzer, it is slightly peach in tone but is a lot darker than the French vanilla highlighter I already have. Also rather than being a matte texture there is most definitely sheen that reflects in the light.

On application it is like all Laura’s products it goes on smoothly and evenly, and is lovely to use however on my pale skin the illuminator looks rather orange so I will not be using this like I use other highlighters. I ended up using this just under my eyebrows with a neutral toned eye pallet as it gave a lift and blended in nicely but was to much for me to use on my cheek bones and as an all over face highlighter. Maybe in the summer I could use it as well as a bronzer but for the winter months I will just use it as a brow lift.

Overall I wouldn’t buy this product again as for a fair skin tone like me I feel the colour is too intense. However like all Laura Geller products it is lovely to use and would probably look great on a tanned to Mediterranean skin tone.

Bye For Now

Nicola 

8 comments:

  1. Is it terrible that I've never heard of Laura Geller?! This is what I love about reading blogs, discovering new brands :) Thanks for the honest review!

    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her foundation is amazing, currently in the UK you can only get her on qvc so not terrible just a great secret to know. :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. I got some laura Geller goodies for Christmas and my sister has some too, all the products we have our of amazing quality! Its a shame this product was a let down, i don't think it would be ideal for me either as I'm ghost white! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love most of her products its just I'm so pale the slightest colour and I look like a wotsit lol I will review it again in the summer when I have a tan (what I call a tan, off white) to see if that is any better. Laura geller blushers are my favourite xx

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of this brand before, I do love how it's packaged though, a pity is wasn't suited to your skin tone!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely and i thought the lace design on the illuminator itself was great xx

      Delete
  4. I love Laura Geller but I've never tried this product before! x

    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete