Tuesday 23 December 2014

Laura Geller - Gloss Cafe Au Lait


Laura Geller – Colour Drenched Lip Gloss (Café Au Lait)


I usually wear my lips bare and focus more on my eyes; so for me lip glosses are not worn very often. However I received this gloss as part of a kit I ordered from Laura Geller a while ago and thought I would give it a fair chance. The packaging is ok, it is very functional and I do like that you can see the whole colour in the tube rather than a small window so at a glance you know which shade you want. The wand and sponge tip applicator is the same as most conventional lip glosses and allows you to apply the gloss quickly and efficiently with or without a mirror.


The gloss itself smells amazing; the aroma of coffee fills your senses as you apply which I liked. The colour is a dusky, pinky brown that is very true to life and is very much what you see in the tube, I personally find this to be a sign of a good product as the pigment is infused throughout the product and not just on the surface. The staying power was ok lasting roughly 1-2 hours which for a gloss is pretty good going but you would definitely need to take it out with you to re apply. Unlike most glosses I found this one to be non-sticky and cloying; as a non gloss wearer this was important to me as the sticky feeling is what turns me off about most lip products.


Overall I liked the gloss I just wouldn’t wear it everyday; the colour is great and wearable I just personally don’t like the feel of lip glosses and the faff of having to reapply through out the day is not convenient with two young kids. (picture one  is of my lips in artificial light and second is of the gloss itself)


Bye for now


 Nicola


3 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any Laura Geller products before. This looks like a lovely, natural lip gloss. I do like to wear a gloss, my favourite probably being MAC Ample Pink.

    Carrie | What I Love Today x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm more of a lipstick girl as I can apply once and leave it, Laura Geller products are great especially her foundation balance and brighten xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very much an everyday colour xx

    ReplyDelete