Saturday 27 December 2014

Leighton Denny - Jailbird & Devil Dust


For Christmas day this year I wanted festive nails that would last longer than one day, so I went for Leighton Denny’s Jailbird. As I have gone into before my opinions on LD’s formulation and packaging I won’t go into it again I will just focus on the colour in this post.

Jailbird is a greeny/blue metallic; the best way I can describe it is as a mermaid’s tail. It is beautiful shade that I would class as transitional, it will work in any season but for Christmas it looks like a bauble on my finger tips. I decided to add a single coat of Devil Dust, Devil Dust is very small red glitter fragments in a clear top coat. This allowed me to have extra detailing and making Jailbird slightly more festive in a subtle way that works throughout the festive period not just on Christmas day.

In the pictures you can barely see the glitter but in person it is so beautifully subtle it is just as the light hits my nails that you catch the red. Overall I love this combination; however it will just be a festive option. I cant wait to wear Jailbird in the summer where it will really catch the light.

Bye for now

Nicola


7 comments:

  1. Jailbird looks amazing! It reminds me of a mermaid too, so pretty!

    Tasha xx
    skinnysandstripes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In person it looks slightly more green so really looks like Ariel's tail :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It really is lovely pictures don't do it justice.
      Nicola

      Delete